End of code

Monday 13 March 2017

Next ReBornFX air dry paint project

Thought I'd let you know what my next project will be using the Rebornfx air dry paint system.
I was given a 38 inch vinyl doll to reborn for the MacPherson Crafts Store window. I have been reborning dolls for many years but nothing bigger than 23 inches. This size restriction was mostly because I was painting with heat set paints and the vinyl parts would not fit into my nu-wave oven to set them. Now with air dry paints, I can paint any size of vinyl doll with no limits! I originally wasn't planning on such a large 38" doll to start with but we came into a situation where a lady walked into the store a few days ago and wanted  to buy the large display doll we had used in our windows for years. Yes, the doll was sold to that lady who fell in love with her.  Now we truly miss that doll  in the window and realized we needed to replace her - after all we had all these child size # 6 cloths left over from the sold doll.
Today I finished washing up the large vinyl limbs, torso and head with warm soapy water then rinsed and dried them. Now I'm just pondering  on what to use for a drying rack. I believe the rack I have is way to small and will more than likely tip over with the weight of the limb(s). Will have to think about what other type of rack I can substitute. On the other hand (pun) perhaps I don't need a drying rack as the paint might be dry by the time I get to the end of that long arm any ways! Definitely will be painting this one in sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.