End of code

Wednesday 15 March 2017

First steps before painting with ReBornFX Air Paints.

Started in on preparing my large vinyl doll today. Found an old dowel and wood stand that will hold the large pieces for drying (I hope) without tipping over.  The doll is Gabriella by Reva Schick and she is actually a 42 inch doll and not the 38inches I had previously thought. You can see the size comparison with my own hand in the picture below.
 
Will be interesting to see how much time and paint this will take.  I applied one layer of the RebornFx Primer with a damp, dense cosmetic sponge onto all the doll pieces.  I then put the pieces onto the drying rack as they were completed. After about 30 min I then applied a second layer of primer.. That took up about 1/3 or the one oz. bottle of Rebornfx Primer for this 42 inch 5 piece vinyl doll. A second coat  of primer is not necessary for a regular reborn doll but this doll is going to be put into a very sunny window when finished. I felt it needed the best protection against those elements.
I will now let the pieces dry overnight to ensure they are fully cured before starting in on painting. As you can see in my picture below, the drying rack/doll is now taking up all my work area, so I will have to find another small table to put them on before I begin to paint on her this weekend.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.