End of code

Sunday 5 March 2017

RebornFX 3D Medium is Heat set compatible

Got a bit of time today to play with the RebornFX 3D medium and Heat Set Paints. Although the RebornFX 3D medium is air dry, I found it can be used with the Heat Set Paints!!!  Here are my results from todays testing;
  • RebornFX 3D medium  spreads easily on top of the Heat Set Paints and I could not removed after it was dry. It is easily removed before it is dry allowing me to correct any mistakes or alter the patten if needed. Still had a good 20 min. of play time before it started to stiffen up. To smooth out any unwanted bumbs in the lines, I gently patted and moved the bump out with a damp brush (use water to dampen with this product not solvent)
  • Genesis or Heat Set paints can be painted on top of the dried 3D medium. The solvent does not affect the dried 3D product.
  • RebornFX 3D medium can with stand the heat set oven temperature of 265 degrees F. for the 8 min. duration that is required for the heat set paints.
This is what the medium looked like once applied onto of my Genesis painted vinyl baby. I wanted certain hair areas raised and others left flat to enhance the 3D effect.




 
So far I have heat set the product 3 times and no change in color or flexibility has occurred.
As you can see in this picture, the Genesis Heat Set Paints adhere to the Rebornfx 3D medium.
I am of coarse not finished yet as this stage of painting was just laying out the shadows and highlights I wanted. I still need to finish the other side , blend more and add in hair details. The Rebornfx 3D medium was very smooth to paint on allowing me to add on details easily. With different hair areas raised a bit it certainly does add that real look to the hair!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.